Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 1 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus as you know very well that the CBSE has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for students’ benefit. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 1 Mathematics Syllabus for the academic year 2023-24.
The focus of the Class 1 Maths syllabus is on developing a strong foundation in the subject by introducing the basic concepts of mathematics through fun and interactive activities. The syllabus aims to improve the students’ problem-solving abilities, logical thinking, and numerical reasoning. The students are taught the concepts through a variety of methods such as hands-on activities, games, and puzzles.
2. Objectives of Class 1st Maths
3. Class 1 Maths Syllabus
4. Class 1 Maths Useful Resources
5. Frequently Asked Questions
CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus Overview
Before discussing the CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus, let’s check the short summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 1 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 1st Maths
The general objectives at the Class 1 Maths syllabus are:
• to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
• to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-handwritten inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, and single-word questions/answers).
• to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
• to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
• to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
• to become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components
- letter (s) and the sound values they stand for.
• to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage, learners should be able to
• talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
• follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
• enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
• recognise whole words or chunks of language
• recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
• read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
• write simple words/phrases/short sentences
CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus 2023-24
Understanding the Maths, Mathematical questions and other mathematical operations is a concern for Class 1 Mathematics. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 1 Maths syllabus with topics to be covered and the month assigned.
|1.||Shapes and Space|
|2.||Numbers From One to Nine|
|5.||Numbers from Ten to Twenty|
|8.||Numbers From Twenty – One to Fifty|
Class 1 Maths Syllabus Explained in Video
Below we have mentioned the Class 1 Maths Syllabus Parents have checked the complete Maths Syllabus in Video for a great score in the final examination.
CBSE Class 1 Maths Marking Scheme
Here in this section, we are providing the Class 1 Maths Marking Scheme, Students/ Parents/ Teachers are advised to check the Marking Scheme of Class 1 from NCERT Book.
|Chapter Name||Name of the Examinations|
|Chapter 1: Shapes and Space||Summer vacation|
|Chapter 2: Numbers From One to Nine||–|
|Chapter 3: Addition||–|
|Chapter 4: Subtraction||FA-1|
|Chapter 5: Numbers from Ten to Twenty||–|
|Chapter 6: Time||–|
|Chapter 7: Measurement||FA-2|
|Chapter 8: Numbers From Twenty – One to Fifty||SA-1|
|Chapter 9: Data Handling||–|
|Chapter 10: Patterns||–|
|Chapter 11: Numbers||FA-3|
|Chapter 12: Money||FA-4|
|Chapter 13: How Many||–|
Class 1 Maths Useful Resources
Below we have mentioned the updated CBSE Class 1 Maths Study Material for the Academic year 2023-24. Students can download the complete Subject wise in PDF Format for practice purposes.
|Hindi Study Material||Links Here||Hindi Worksheet||Links Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Activity Worksheet||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Class Test Worksheet||Click Here|
|Worksheet||Click Here||Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|Question Bank||Click Here||Practice Worksheet||Click Here|
|Sample Papers||Click Here||Printable Worksheet||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the syllabus for CBSE Class 1?
The syllabus for CBSE Class 1 includes subjects such as Mathematics, English, Hindi, Environmental Studies, and General Knowledge.
What is the syllabus of Class 1 Maths?
The CBSE Syllabus For Class 1 Maths is based on one book.
How are students evaluated in CBSE Class 1?
Students in CBSE Class 1 are evaluated through continuous assessments, homework, class participation, projects, and assignments, as well as written and oral examinations.
What are the books for Grade 1?
According to the Class 1 Syllabus, the NCERT Books for class 1 are – Maths Books.
Where will we get the free class 1 study material?
We are Edufever are Free and Open portal for all students to study with study material; we provide free study material for all classes like syllabi, ebooks, worksheets, videos, sample papers, practice papers, NCERT Books etc.
What are the minimum passing marks for CBSE Class 1?
There is no minimum passing mark for CBSE Class 1 as it focuses on building a strong foundation in the subjects rather than scoring high marks.