Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 1 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus as you know very well that the CBSE has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for students’ benefit. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 1 Mathematics Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23.
The demand for Class 1 Maths at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Maths as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Maths. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 1st Maths
3. Class 1 Maths Syllabus
4. Class 1 Maths Useful Resources
5. Frequently Asked Questions
CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus Overview
Before discussing the CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus, let’s check the short summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 1 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 1st Maths
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
• to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
• to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-andwritten inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single
• to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
• to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
• to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
• to become visually familiar with text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components
- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
• to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage learners should be able to
• talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
• follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
• enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
• recognise whole words or chunks of language
• recognise small and capital forms of English alphabet both in context and in isolation
• read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
• write simple words/phrases/short sentences
CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus 2022-23
Understanding the Maths, Mathematical questions and other mathematical operations is a concern for Class 1 Mathematics. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 1 Maths syllabus with topics to be covered and the month assigned.
|1.||Shapes and Space|
|2.||Numbers From One to Nine|
|5.||Numbers from Ten to Twenty|
|8.||Numbers From Twenty – One to Fifty|
NOTE:- To Know More Information About Hindi Syllabus & Marking Scheme. Click Here
Class 1 Maths Syllabus Explained in Video
Below we have mentioned the Class 1 Maths Syllabus Parents have checked the complete Maths Syllabus in Video for the great score in the final examination.
CBSE Class 1 Maths Marking Scheme
Here in this section, we are providing the Class 1 Maths Marking Scheme, Students/ Parents/ Teachers are advised to check the Marking Scheme of Class 1 from NCERT Book.
|Name of the Chapter||Months||Name of the examinations|
|Chapter 1: Shapes and space|
|Chapter 2: The number from one to nine|
|Chapter 3: Addition|
|Chapter 4: Subtraction||FA-1 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 5: Numbers from ten to Twenty|
|Chapter 6: Time|
|Chapter 7: Measurement||FA-2 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 8: Numbers from twenty-one to fifty· Revision work||SA-1 (60 Marks)|
|Chapter 9: Data|
|Chapter 10: handling patterns|
|Chapter 11: Numbers||FA-3 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 12: Money||FA-4 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 13: How many|
|Revision work||SA-2 (60 Marks)|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Do I Study With the Class 1st Maths Syllabus?
The Class 1 Maths Syllabus can plot an ideal study plan, so the students are always ready for their final exams and score good marks to remain ahead within the class. The students are advised to travel through the syllabus before beginning with their studies, so they plan the topics that are coming within the exams. They’ll also categorize the identical into easy, moderate, and difficult as per their mentality.
What is the syllabus of Class 1 Maths?
The CBSE Syllabus For Class 1 Maths is based on one book.
How do you teach Maths to first-class students?
Promote listening skills by telling your Class 1st students and asking them questions about the characters and the plot. Telling the story, rather than reading it, gives you the opportunity of observing your Class 1 students and see how much of the tale they are grasping. Teach sight words.
What are the books for Grade 1?
According to the Class 1 Syllabus, the NCERT Books for class 1 are – Maths Books.
Where will we get the free class 1 study material?
We are Edufever are Free and Open portal for all students to study with study material; we provide the free study material for all classes like syllabus, ebooks, worksheets, videos, sample papers, practice papers, NCERT Books etc.