Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 10 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus, as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for students’ benefit. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 10 SST Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2023-24, and this syllabus is absolutely free of cost.
The demand for Class 10 Social Science at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Social Science as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Social Science. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 10th Social Science
3. CBSE Class 10 Social Science New Syllabus
4. CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus
5. CBSE 10 Study Materials
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 10 Syllabus let us check the CBSE Class 10 Summary; Below we have mentioned the complete CBSE Class 10 Summary. The student is advised to check out to complete the summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 10 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Click Here|
Objectives of Class 10th Social Science
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2021-22.
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 10 SST Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2023-24 sessions. First, of all check the CBSE Class 10 Social Science Exam Pattern. Students are advised to check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2023-24
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 10 SST New Syllabus. Students can check the Social Science New Syllabus for Class 10 for the academic year 2023-24.
Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2023-24
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 10 SST Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2023-24 sessions. First, of all check the CBSE Class 10 Social Science Exam Pattern. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Class 10 Social Science Exam Pattern
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 10 SST Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 10 Social Science Exam Pattern for the academic year 2023-24.
|Units||Units Name||No. of Periods||Marks|
|I||India and the Contemporary World – II||60||20|
|II||Contemporary India – II||55||20|
|III||Democratic Politics – II||50||20|
|IV||Understanding Economic Development||50||20|
Class 10 Social Science Brief Review
Below we have mentioned the Class 10 SST Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. students are advised to check the brief review of the SST syllabus.
|Unit 1: India and the Contemporary World –II||Unit 2: Contemporary India – II|
|Section 1: Events and Processes|
The rise of Nationalism in EuropeNationalism in India
Section 2: Livelihoods, Economies and Societies:
The Making of a Global World
The Age of IndustrializationSection 3: Every Life, Culture and Politics:
Print Culture and the Modern World
|Resource and Development|
Forest and Wildlife
Minerals and Energy Resources
Life Lines of National Economy
|Unit 3: Democratic Politics –II||Unit 4: Understanding Economic Development|
Democracy and Diversity
Gender, Religion and Caste
Popular Struggles and Movement
Outcomes of Democracy
Challenges to Democracy
Sectors of the Indian Economy
Money and Credit
Globalization and the Indian Economy
Class 10 SST Syllabus in PDF 2023-24
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Social Science Syllabus in pdf format with an exam pattern. Students can check the SST Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2023-24.
CBSE 10 Study Materials
We have tried to bring all the useful links to CBSE NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Marking Scheme, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers and Study Materials. You can visit all these important links by clicking the links/Icons given.
|Study Materials||Links||Study Materials||Links|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Revision Notes||Click Here|
|Exemplar Books||Click Here||LAB Manual||Click Here|
|NCERT Solution||Click Here||Marking Scheme||Click Here|
|Holiday Homework||Click Here||Practice Paper||Click Here|
|Worksheet||Click Here||Study Materials||Click Here|
|Sample Paper||Click Here|