Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 12 for all the subject. Program of Class 12 Geography Syllabus, as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2022-23, and this syllabus is absolutely free of cost.
The demand for Class 12 Geography at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Geography as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Geography. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 12th Geography
3. CBSE Class 12 Geography New Syllabus 2022-23
4. Class 12 Geography Syllabus
5. CBSE 12 Study Materials
CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 12 Geography Syllabus, let us check the CBSE Class 12 Summary, below we have mentioned complete CBSE Class 12 Summary. Students are advised to check out the complete summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 12 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 12th Geography
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 12 Geography New Syllabus 2022-23
In-depth knowledge of the Class 12 Geography syllabus to get a decent idea regarding the exam pattern and marking scheme. By going through the CBSE Class, 12 Syllabus students will understand the unit names, chapter under each unit and sub-topics involved in it. Let us now check the Syllabus with topics to be covered with exam pattern.
Class 12 Geography Syllabus 2022-23
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 Geography New Syllabus. Students can check the Geography New Syllabus for Class 12 for the academic year 2022-23.
Class 12 Geography Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 12 Geography Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2022-23 session. First, of all check the CBSE Class 12 Geography Exam Pattern. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Class 12 Geography Exam Pattern
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 Geography Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 12 Geography Exam Pattern for the academic year 2022-23.
|Units||No. of Periods||Marks|
|A. Fundamentals of Human Geography||90||35 Marks|
|Unit 1: Human Geography||05||30|
|Unit 2: People||18|
|Unit 3: Human Activities||28|
|Unit 4: Transport, Communication and Trade||24|
|Unit 5: Human settlements||10|
|B. India: People and Economy||90||35 Marks|
|Unit 6: People||15||30|
|Unit 7: Human Settlements||10|
|Unit 8: Resources and Development||30|
|Unit 9: Transport, Communication and International Trade||15|
|Unit 10: Geographical Perspective on selected issues and problems||15|
|C. Practical Work in Geography Part II||40||30 Marks|
|Unit 1: Processing of Data and Thematic Mapping||25||15|
|Unit 2: Field study or Spatial Information Technology||15||10|
|Practical Record Book and Viva Voce||5|
Class 12 Geography Syllabus Brief Review
Below we have mentioned the Class 12 Geography Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. students are advised to check the brief review of Geography syllabus.
Part-A. Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Unit 1: Human Geography: Nature and Scope
- Unit 2: People
- Unit 3: Human Activities
- Unit 4: Transport, Communication, and Trade
- Unit 5: Human Settlements
Map Work: Map work on the identification of features based on 1-5 units on the outline/Physical/Political map of the World.
Part B. India: People and Economy
- Unit 6: People
- Unit 7: Human Settlements
- Unit 8: Resources and Development
- Unit 9: Transport, Communication and International Trade
- Unit 10: Geographical Perspective on Selected Issues and Problems
Map Work: Map work on locating and labelling of features based on above units on an outline map of India.
Part-C Practical Work
- Unit 1: Processing of Data and Thematic Mapping
- Unit 2: Field Study or Spatial Information Technology
Class 12 Geography Syllabus in PDF 2022-23
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Geography Syllabus in pdf format with an exam pattern. Students can check the Geography Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2022-23.
NOTE:- If any change then Syllabus will be updated soon.
Class 12 Study Material
We have tried to bring CBSE Class 12 NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers etc. You can visit all these important topics by clicking the links given.
|Study Materials||Links Here||Study Materials||Links Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Revision Notes||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Book||Click Here||Marking Scheme||Click Here|
|NCERT Solution||Click Here||Worksheet||Click Here|
|Lab Manual||Click Here||Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Previous Year Papers||Click Here||Physics Pradeep Solution||Click Here|
|RD Sharma Solutions||Click Here|