Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 12 for all the subject. Program of Class 12 History New Syllabus, as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 12 History New Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2023-24, and this syllabus is absolutely free of cost.
The demand for Class 12 History at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of History as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for History. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 12th History
3. CBSE Class 12 New Syllabus 2023-24
4. Class 12 Syllabus 2023
5. CBSE 12 Study Materials
CBSE Class 12 History Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 12 History New Syllabus, let us check the CBSE Class 12 Summary, below we have mentioned complete CBSE Class 12 Summary. Students are advised to check out the complete summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 12 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 12th History
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 12 History New Syllabus 2023-24
In-depth knowledge of the History New syllabus to get a decent idea regarding the exam pattern and marking scheme. By going through the CBSE Class, 12 Syllabus, students will understand the unit names, chapter under each unit, and sub-topics. Let us now check the Syllabus with topics to be covered with exam pattern.
CBSE Class 12 History Syllabus 2023-24
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 History New Syllabus. Students can check the History Syllabus for the academic year 2023-24.
Class 12 History Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 12 History Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2023-24 session. First, of all check the CBSE Class 12 History Exam Pattern. Students are advised to check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Class 12 History Exam Pattern
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 History Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 12 History Exam Pattern for the academic year 2023-24.
|Themes in Indian History Part-I (Units 1 – 4)||55||24|
|Unit 1 The Story of the First Cities: Harappan Archaeology||13|
|Unit 2: Political and Economic History: How Inscriptions tell a story||14|
|Unit 3: Social Histories: using the Mahabharata||14|
|Unit 4: A History of Buddhism: Sanchi Stupa||14|
|Themes in Indian History Part-II (Units 5 – 9)||65||25|
|Unit 5: Medieval Society through Travellers’ Accounts||13|
|Unit 6: Religious Histories: The Bhakti-Sufi Tradition||13|
|Unit7: New Architecture: Hampi||13|
|Unit 8: Agrarian Relations: The Ain-i-Akbari||13|
|Unit 9: The Mughal Court: Reconstructing Histories through Chronicles||13|
|Themes in Indian History Part-III (Units 10 – 15)||80||25|
|Unit 10: Colonialism and Rural Society: Evidence from Official Reports||13|
|Unit 11: Representations of 1857||13|
|Unit 12: Colonialism and Indian Towns: Town Plans and Municipal Reports||13|
|Unit 13: Mahatma Gandhi through Contemporary Eyes||13|
|Unit 14: Partition through Oral Sources||14|
|Unit 15: The Making of the Constitution||14|
|Project work (Internal Assessment)||10||20|
Class 12 History Syllabus Brief Review
Below we have mentioned the Class 12 History New Syllabus Brief Review, like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. Students are advised to check the brief review of the History syllabus.
|PART – I (Themes in Indian History)||PART-II (Themes in Indian History)|
|1. The Story of the First Cities: Harappan Archaeology|
2. Political and Economic History: How Inscriptions tell a story
3. Social Histories: Using the Mahabharata
4. A History of Buddhism: Sanchi Stupa
|5. Agrarian Relations: The Ain-i- Akbari|
6. The Mughal Court: Reconstructing
7. New Architecture: Hampi
8. Religious Histories: The Bhakti-Sufi Tradition
9. Medieval Society through Travelers
|PART – III (Themes in Indian History)|
|10. Colonialism and Rural Society: Evidence from|
11. Representations of 1857
12. Colonialism and Indian Towns
13. Mahatma Gandhi through Contemporary
14. Partition through Oral Sources
15. The Making of the Constitution
Class 12 History Syllabus in PDF
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the History Syllabus in pdf format with an exam pattern. Students can check the History Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2023-24.
NOTE:- If any change then Syllabus will be updated soon.
Class 12 Study Material
We have tried to bring CBSE Class 12 NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers etc. You can visit all these important topics by clicking the links given.
|Study Materials||Links Here||Study Materials||Links Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Revision Notes||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Book||Click Here||Marking Scheme||Click Here|
|NCERT Solution||Click Here||Worksheet||Click Here|
|Lab Manual||Click Here||Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Previous Year Papers||Click Here||Physics Pradeep Solution||Click Here|
|RD Sharma Solutions||Click Here|