Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 2 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 2 Maths Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 2 Mathematics Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23.
The demand for Class 2 Maths at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Maths as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Maths. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 2st Maths
3. Class 2 Maths Syllabus
4. Class 2 Maths Marking Scheme
5. Class 2 Maths Useful Resources
6. Frequently Asked Questions
CBSE Class 2 Maths Syllabus Overview
Before discussing the Class 2 Maths Syllabus Overview, we shall see into Complete Details Like Useful Resources, Video, Syllabus, etc.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 2 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 2nd Maths
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
• to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
• to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-andwritten inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single
• to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
• to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
• to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
• to become visually familiar with text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components
- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
• to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage learners should be able to
• talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
• follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
• enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
• recognise whole words or chunks of language
• recognise small and capital forms of English alphabet both in context and in isolation
• read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
• write simple words/phrases/short sentences
Class 2 Maths (Math Magic) Books
Understanding the basics of maths, and the use of alphabets is the major area of concern for Class 2 Maths Subject. Let us now discuss the Class 2 Maths Syllabus with topics to be covered and the month assigned.
|1.||What is Long, What is Round?|
|2.||Counting in Groups|
|3.||How Much Can You Carry?|
|4.||Counting in Tens|
|7.||Jugs and Mugs|
|8.||Tens and Ones|
|10.||Add Our Points|
|11.||Lines and Lines|
|12.||Give and Take|
|13.||The Longest Step|
|14.||Birds Come, Birds Go|
|15.||How Many Ponytails?|
Class 2 Maths Syllabus Explained in Video
Here in this session, we provide the video about the class 2 Maths syllabus, and you can see subject-related videos on our Youtube channel.
Class 2 Maths Marking Scheme
Below we have mentioned the class 2 Maths Marking scheme, students/parents/teachers are advised to check the marking scheme of class 2 from NCERT Book.
|Name of the Chapter||Months||Name of the Examination|
|Chapter 1: What is long what is round||April|
|Chapter 2: Counting in groups|
|Chapter 3: How much can you carry||May|
|Chapter 4: Counting in tens||July (2nd week)||FA-1 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 5: Patterns||August|
|Chapter 6: Footprints|
|Chapter 7: Jugs and mugs|
|Chapter 8: Tens and ones||September (1st week)||FA-2 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 9: My Funday Revision work||October (3rd week)||SA-1 (60 Marks)|
|Chapter 10: Add our points||November|
|Chapter 11: Lines and lines|
|Chapter 1: Give and take|
|Chapter 12: The longest step||December (1st week)||FA-3 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 13: Birds come, Birds go||January (4th week)||FA-4 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 14: How many ponytails||February|
|Revision work||March (2nd week)||SA-2 (60 Marks)|
Class 2 Maths Useful Resources
Below we have mentioned the updated CBSE Class 2 Maths Study Material. Students can download the complete Subject wise in PDF Format for practice purposes.