The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a renowned education board in India that sets the curriculum and syllabus for various classes. The CBSE syllabus is designed to provide a comprehensive education that helps students to develop a strong foundation of knowledge and skills. In this article, we will discuss the CBSE Class 2 syllabus
The CBSE Class 2 syllabus is designed to cater to the needs of students at a young age, focusing on developing basic concepts and skills. The syllabus covers subjects such as English, Mathematics, Environmental Studies (EVS), and Hindi. The syllabus is structured to provide a balanced mix of theoretical and practical knowledge, enabling students to grasp the concepts in a better way.
2. Objectives of Class 2nd
3. Class 2 Syllabus
4. Class 2 Worksheet
5. Class 2 Books
5. Frequently Asked Questions
CBSE Class 2 Overview
Before we have discussed CBSE Class 2 Syllabus, we shall see into Complete Details Like Useful Resources, Videos, Syllabus, etc. Class 2 Syllabus Summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 2 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 2nd
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
• to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
• to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-andwritten inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single
• to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
• to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
• to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
• to become visually familiar with text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
• to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage learners should be able to
• talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
• follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
• enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
• recognise whole words or chunks of language
• recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
• read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
• write simple words/phrases/short sentences
CBSE Class 2 Syllabus
Check out the latest Syllabus for Class 2. The syllabus is for the academic year 2023-24 session and will remain the same until the next notification.
|S.No.||Class 2 Syllabus||Links Here|
|1.||English Syllabus||Click Here|
|2.||Environmental Science (EVS) Syllabus||Click Here|
|3.||Mathematics Syllabus||Click Here|
|4.||Hindi Syllabus||Click Here|
Class 2 Worksheet
Here in this section, we have mentioned the CBSE Class 2 worksheet in PDF Format only for practice purposes. Parents /guardians can check and download the worksheet for better preparation for their students.
|S.No.||Subjects||Class 2 Work Sheet (Links Here)|
|3.||Environmental Science (EVS)||Check Here|
Class 2 Books
Having a great book is more than what a person needs to excel. These highly recommended Class 2 NCERT Books will be the best way to prepare for the class. candidates can check these books and also download books in pdf.
|S.No.||Subjects Name||Links Here|
|1.||Top Recommended Books for English||Click Here|
|2.||Top Recommended Books for Hindi||Click Here|
|3.||Top Recommended Books for Mathematics||Click Here|
|4.||Top Recommended Books for EVS||Click Here|
Class 2 Holiday Homework
Below we have mentioned the updates for CBSE class 2 Holiday homework season-wise like the autumn season, winter season and summer season. Students can download the complete Subject wise holiday homework in PDF Format for practice purposes.
|S.No.||Class 2 Holiday Homework (Season-wise Description)||Link Here|
|1.||Autumn Session||Click Here|
|2.||Winter Session||Click Here|
|3.||Summer Session||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Do I Study With the Class 2nd Syllabus?
The Class 2 Syllabus can plot an ideal study plan, so the students are always ready for their final exams and score good marks to remain ahead within the class. The students are advised to travel through the syllabus before beginning with their studies, so they plan the topics that are coming within the exams. They’ll also categorize the identical into easy, moderate, and difficult as per their mentality.
What is the syllabus of Class 2?
The CBSE Syllabus For Class 2 is based on one book.
How do you teach first-class students?
Promote listening skills by telling your Class 2nd students and asking them questions about the characters and the plot. Telling the story, rather than reading it, gives you the opportunity of observing your Class 2 students and see how much of the tale they are grasping. Teach sight words.
What are the books for Grade 2?
According to the Class 2 Syllabus, the NCERT Books for class 2 are – Books.
Where will we get the free class 2 study material?
We are Edufever are Free and Open portal for all students to study with study material; we provide free study material for all classes like syllabi, ebooks, worksheets, videos, sample papers, practice papers, NCERT Books etc.