Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 3 for all the subjects. The CBSE Class 3 EVS Syllabus Program, as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. This article will get the Latest CBSE Class 3 EVS Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23.
The demand for Class 3 EVS at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of EVS as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for EVS. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 3rd EVS
3. Class 3 EVS Syllabus
4. Marking Scheme
5. Class 3 EVS Useful Resources
6. Frequently Asked Questions
Class 3 EVS Syllabus Overview 2022-23
Before we discussed the CBSE Class 3 EVS Syllabus, let us check the Class 3 EVS summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 3 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 3rd EVS
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
• to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
• to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single
• to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
• to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
• to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
• to become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
• to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage, learners should be able to
• talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
• follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
• enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
• recognise whole words or chunks of language
• recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
• read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
• write simple words/phrases/short sentences
CBSE Class 3 EVS Syllabus 2022-23
Understanding the basics of Science, Nature, and surrounding are the major areas of concern for Class III Environmental Studies. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 3 EVS syllabus with topics to be covered and the month assigned.
|1.||Poonam’s Day out|
|2.||The Plant Fairy|
|3.||Water O’ Water!|
|4.||Our First School|
|6.||Foods We Eat|
|7.||Saying without Speaking|
|10.||What is Cooking|
|11.||From Here to There|
|12.||Work We Do|
|13.||Sharing Our Feelings|
|14.||The Story of Food|
|16.||Games We Play|
|17.||Here comes a Letter|
|18.||A House Like This|
|19.||Our Friends – Animals|
|20.||Drop by Drop|
|21.||Families can be Different|
|23.||A Beautiful Cloth|
|24.||Web of Life|
Class 3 EVS Syllabus Explained in Video
Here in this session, we provide the video about the Class 3 EVS syllabus. You can see the subject related videos on our YouTube channel.
CBSE Class 3 EVS Marking Scheme
Here in this section, we are providing the Class 3 EVS Marking Scheme, Students/ Parents/ Teachers are advised to check the Marking Scheme of Class 3 from NCERT Book.
|Name of the Chapter||Months||Name of the Examination|
|Chapter-1 Poonam’s Day out||April|
|Chapter-2 The plant fairy|
|Chapter-3 Water O’ water|
|Chapter-4 Our first school||May|
|Chapter-5 Chhotu’s House||July (2nd Week)||FA-1 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter-6 Food we Eat|
|Chapter-7 Saying without Speaking|
|Chapter-8 Flying High||August|
|Chapter-9 It’s Raining|
|Chapter-10 What is cooking|
|Chapter-11 From here to there||September (1st Week)||FA-2 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter-12 Work we DO|
|Chapter-13 Sharing our feeling.|
|Revision & Exam||October (3rd Week)||SA-1 (60 Marks)|
|Chapter-14 The story of food||November|
|Chapter-15 Making Pots|
|Chapter-16 Games we Play|
|Chapter-17 Here comes a letter||December (1st Week)||FA-3 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter-18 A house like this|
|Chapter-19 Our friends Animal|
|Chapter-20 Drop by Drop||January (4th Week)||FA-4 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter-21 Families can be different.|
|Chapter-22 Left –Right|
|Chapter-23 A Beautiful cloth||February|
|Chapter-24 Web of life|
|Revision & Exam||March (2nd Week)||SA-2 (60 Marks)|
Class 3 EVS Useful Resources
Below we have mentioned the updated CBSE Class 3 EVS Study Material. Students can download the complete Subject wise in PDF Format for practice purposes.
|EVS Study Material||Link Here||EVS Study Material||Link Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Activity Worksheet||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Revision Worksheet||Click Here|
|Worksheets||Click Here||Printable Worksheet||Click Here|
|Question Bank||Click Here||Practice Worksheet||Click Here|
|Sample Papers||Click Here||Periodic Test||Click Here|
|NCERT Solution||Click Here||Class Test Worksheet||Click Here|