Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 3 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 3 Maths Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 3 Mathematics Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23.
The demand for Class 3 Maths at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Maths as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Maths. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 3rd Maths
3. Class 3 Maths Syllabus
4. Marking Scheme
5. Class 3 Maths Useful Resources
6. Frequently Asked Question
CBSE Class 3 Maths Syllabus Overview
Before discussing the CBSE Class 3 Maths Syllabus, let’s check the short summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 3 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 3rd Maths
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
• to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
• to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-andwritten inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single
• to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
• to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
• to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
• to become visually familiar with text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
• to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage learners should be able to
• talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
• follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
• enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
• recognise whole words or chunks of language
• recognise small and capital forms of English alphabet both in context and in isolation
• read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
• write simple words/phrases/short sentences
CBSE Class 3 Maths Syllabus 2022-23
Understanding the Maths, Mathematical questions and other mathematical operations which is a concern for Class 3 Mathematics. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 3 Maths syllabus with topics to be covered and the month assigned.
Class 3 Maths (Math Magic) Books
|1.||Where to Look From|
|2.||Fun with Numbers|
|3.||Give and Take|
|4.||Long and Short|
|5.||Shapes and Designs|
|6.||Fun With Give and Take|
|7.||Time Goes On…|
|8.||Who is Heavier?|
|9.||How Many Times?|
|10.||Play with Patterns|
|11.||Jugs and Mugs|
|12.||Can We Share?|
|14.||Rupees and Paise|
Class 3 Maths Syllabus Explained in Video
Here in this session, we provide the video about the Class 3 Maths syllabus. You can see the subject related more videos on our Youtube channel.
CBSE Class 3 Maths Marking Scheme
Here in this section, we are providing the Class 3 Maths Marking Scheme, Students/ Parents/ Teachers are advised to check the Marking Scheme of Class 3 from NCERT Book.
|Name of the Chapter||Months||Name of the Examination|
|Chapter-1 Where to look from||April|
|Chapter-2 Fun with numbers|
|Chapter-3 Give and take||May|
|Chapter-4 Long and short||July (2nd week)||FA-1 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter-5 Shapes and design||August|
|Chapter-6 Fun with giving and take|
|Chapter-7 Time goes on………||September (1st week)||FA-2 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter-8 Who is heavier||October (3rd week)||SA-1 (60 Marks)|
|Chapter-9 How many times||November|
|Chapter-10 Play with patterns|
|Chapter-11 Jugs and mugs|
|Chapter-12 Can we share||December (1st week)||FA-3 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter-13 Smart chart||January (4th week)||FA-4 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter-14 Rupees and paise||February|
|Chapter-15 Revision work||March (2nd week)||SA-2 (60 Marks)|
Class 3 Maths Useful Resources
Below we have mentioned the updated CBSE Class 3 Maths Study Material. Students can download the complete Subject wise in PDF Format for practice purposes.
|Maths Study Material||Links Here||Math Study Material||Links Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Activity Worksheet||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Revision Worksheet||Click Here|
|Worksheet||Click Here||Printable Worksheet||Click Here|
|Question Bank||Click Here||Class Test Worksheet||Click Here|
|Sample Paper||Click Here||Practice Worksheet||Click Here|
|NCERT Solution||Click Here||Periodic Test||Click Here|