Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 4 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 4 EVS Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. This article will get the Latest CBSE Class 4 EVS Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23.
The demand for Class 4 EVS at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of EVS as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for EVS. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 4th EVS
3. CBSE Class 4 EVS Syllabus
4. Class 4 EVS Marking Scheme
5. Class 4 EVS Useful Resources
6. Frequently Asked Questions
CBSE Class 4 EVS Syllabus 2022-23
Before discussing the CBSE Class 4 EVS Syllabus, let’s check the summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 4 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe Now|
Objectives of Class 4th EVS
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
• to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
• to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-andwritten inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single
• to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
• to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
• to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
• to become visually familiar with text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
• to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage learners should be able to
• talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
• follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
• enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
• recognise whole words or chunks of language
• recognise small and capital forms of English alphabet both in context and in isolation
• read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
• write simple words/phrases/short sentences
CBSE Class 4 EVS Syllabus 2022-23
Understanding the basics of Science, Nature, and surrounding are the major areas of concern for Class 4 Environmental Studies. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 4 EVS syllabus with topics to be covered and the month assigned.
Class 4 EVS Syllabus
|S.No.||Chapter Name||S.No.||Chapter Name|
|1.||Going to School||15.||From Market to Home|
|2.||Ear to Ear||16.||A Busy Month|
|3.||A Day with Nandu||17.||Nandita in Mumbai|
|4.||The Story of Amrita||18.||Too Much Water, Too Little Water|
|5.||Anita and the Honeybees||19.||Abdul in the Garden|
|6.||Omana’s Journey||20.||Eating Together|
|7.||From the Window||21.||Food and Fun|
|8.||Reaching Grandmother’s House||22.||The World in my Home|
|10.||Hu Tu Tu, Hu Tu Tu||24.||Home and Abroad|
|11.||The Valley of Flowers||25.||Spicy Riddles|
|12.||Changing Times||26.||Defence Officer: Wahida|
|13.||A River’s Tale||27.||Chuskit Goes to School|
Class 4 EVS Marking Scheme
Here in this section, we are providing the Class 4 EVS Marking scheme, students/parents/teachers are advised to check the marking scheme of Class 4 from NCERT Book.
|Name of the Chapter||Months||Name of the Exam with Marks|
|Chapter 1: Poonam’s Day out||April|
|Chapter 2: The plant fairy|
|Chapter 3: Water O’ water|
|Chapter 4: Our first school||May|
|Chapter 5: Chhotu’s House||July (2nd week)||FA-1 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 6: Food we Eat|
|Chapter 7: Saying without Speaking|
|Chapter 8: Flying High||August|
|Chapter 9: It’s Raining|
|Chapter 10: What is cooking|
|Chapter 11: From here to there||September (1st week)||FA-2 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 12: Work we DO|
|Chapter 13: Sharing our feeling|
|Revision & Exam||October (3rd week)||SA-1 (60 Marks)|
|Chapter 14: The story of food||November|
|Chapter 15: Making Pots|
|Chapter 16: Games we Play|
|Chapter 17: Here comes a letter||December (1st week)||FA-3 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 18: A house like this|
|Chapter 19: Our friends Animal|
|Chapter 20: Drop by Drop||January (4th week)||FA-4 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 21: Families can be different|
|Chapter 22: Left –Right|
|Chapter 23: A Beautiful cloth||February|
|Chapter 24: Web of life|
|Revision & Exam||March (2nd week)||SA-2 (60 Marks)|
Class 4 EVS Syllabus Explained in Video
Below we have mentioned the video about the class 4 EVS syllabus, and you can see subject-related videos on our Youtube channel.
Class 4 EVS Useful Resources
Below we have mentioned the CBSE Class 4 Environmental Studies Useful Resources. Students can check these links to know more about the study material.
|EVS Useful Resources||Links Here||EVS Useful Resources||Link Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Revision Worksheet||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Printable Worksheet||Click Here|
|Worksheets||Click Here||Class Test Worksheet||Click Here|
|Question Bank||Click Here||Periodic Test||Click Here|
|Sample Papers||Click Here||Activity Worksheet||Click Here|
|NCERT Solutions||Click Here||Holiday Homework||Click Here|