Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 5 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 5 Maths Syllabus as you know very well the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 5 Mathematics Syllabus for the academic year 2023-24.
The demand for Class 5 Maths at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Maths as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Maths. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 5th Maths
3. Class 5 Maths Syllabus
4. Class 5 Maths Useful Resources
5. Frequently Asked Questions
CBSE Class 5 Maths Syllabus
Before discussing the CBSE Class 5 Maths Syllabus, let’s check the summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 5 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe Now|
Objectives of Class 5th Maths
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
• to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
• to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken and spoken-and written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single
• to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
• to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
• to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
• to become visually familiar with text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components letter (s) and the sound values they stand for.
• to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage, learners should be able to
• talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
• follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
• enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
• recognise whole words or chunks of language
• recognise small and capital forms of English alphabet both in context and in isolation
• read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
• write simple words/phrases/short sentences
Class 5 Maths Syllabus Explained in Video
Here in this session, we provide the video about the class 5 Maths syllabus, and you can see subject-related videos on our Youtube channel.
CBSE Class 5 Maths Syllabus
Understanding the Maths, Mathematical questions and other mathematical operations which is a concern for Class 5 Mathematics. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 5 Maths syllabus with topics to be covered and the month assigned.
|1.||The Fish Tale|
|2.||Shapes and Angles|
|3.||How Many Squares?|
|4.||Parts and Wholes|
|5.||Does it Look the Same?|
|6.||Be My Multiple, I’ll be Your Factor|
|7.||Can You See the Pattern?|
|8.||Mapping Your Way|
|9.||Boxes and Sketches|
|10.||Tenths and Hundredths|
|11.||Area and its Boundary|
|13.||Ways to Multiply and Divide|
|14.||How Big? How Heavy?|
Class 5 Mathematics Marking Scheme
Here in this section, we are providing the complete information about the Class 5 Mathematics Marking Scheme, students/parents/teachers are advised to check the Math’s Marking Scheme for Class 5.
|Name of the Chapter||Months||Name of the Exam with Marks|
|Chapter 1: The fish Tale||April||—|
|Chapter 2: Shapes and angles|
|Chapter 3: How many Squares||May||—|
|Chapter 4: Parts and wholes||July (2nd week)||FA-1 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 5: Does its Look the same||August||—|
|Chapter 6: Be My Multiple, I “ll Be your Factor|
|Chapter 7: Can You see the Pattern||September (1st week)||FA-2 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 8: Mapping your way||October (3rd week)||SA-1 (60 Marks)|
|Chapter 9: Boxes And Sketches||November||—|
|Chapter 10: Tenths & Hundredths|
|Chapter 11: Area & Its Boundary|
|Chapter 12: Smart Charts||December (1st week)||FA-3 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 13: Way to Multiply & Divide||January (4th week)||FA-4 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 14: How Big –How Heavy||February||—|
|Revision work||March (2nd week)||SA-2 (60 Marks)|
Class 5 Maths Useful Resources
Below we have mentioned the CBSE Class 5 Mathematics Useful Resources. Students can check these links to know more about the study material.
|Maths Study Material||Link Here||Maths Study Material||Link Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Maths Activity worksheet||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Maths Revision worksheet||Click Here|
|NCERT Solutions||Click Here||Maths Practice worksheet||Click Here|
|Worksheets||Click Here||Maths Printable worksheet||Click Here|
|Question Papers||Click Here||Maths Periodic Test||Click Here|
|Sample Papers||Click Here||Maths Class Test worksheet||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Do I Study With the Class 5th Maths Syllabus?
The Class 5 Maths Syllabus can plot an ideal study plan, so the students are always ready for their final exams and score good marks to remain ahead within the class. The students are advised to travel through the syllabus before beginning with their studies so they plan the topics that are coming within the exams. They’ll also categorize the identical into easy, moderate, and difficult as per their mentality.
What is the syllabus of Class 5 Maths?
The CBSE Syllabus For Class 5 Maths is based on one books.
How do you teach Maths to 5th students?
Promote listening skills by telling your Class 5th students and asking them questions about the characters and the plot. Telling the story, rather than reading it, gives you the opportunity of observing your Class 5 students and see how much of the tale they are grasping. Teach sight words.
Where will we get the free class 5 study material?
We are Edufever are Free and Open portal for all students to study with study material; we provide the free study material for all classes like syllabus, ebooks, worksheets, videos, sample papers, practice papers, NCERT Books etc.