Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 6 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 6 Science Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 6 Science Syllabus for the academic year 2023-24.
The demand for Class 6 Science at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Science as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Science. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 6th Science
3. Class 6 Study Material
4. Class 6 Science Syllabus
5. Class 6 Science Useful Resources
6. Frequently Asked Questions
CBSE Class 6 Science Syllabus Overview
Understanding foundational class, students in class 6 are introduced to the basic knowledge of Science. They are introduced to topics such as Body Movement, Motion and Measurement of Distance, Electricity and circuit, etc. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 6 Science Summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 6 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 6th Science
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
Class 6 Study Material
We have tried to bring CBSE Class 6 NCERT Study Material like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers etc. You can visit all these important topics by clicking the links given.
|Study Material||Link Here||Study Material||Link Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Worksheets||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Sample Papers||Click Here|
|Exemplar book||Click Here||Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|NCERT Solutions||Click Here||Study Material||Click Here|
|Holiday Homework||Click Here||RS Aggarwal Solutions||Click Here|
|RD Sharma Solutions||Click Here|
CBSE Class 6 Science Syllabus 2022-23
Understanding foundational class, students in class 6 are introduced to the basic knowledge of Science. They are introduced to Body Movement, Motion and Measurement of Distance, Electricity and circuit, etc. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 6 Science Syllabus with topics to be covered.
|S. No.||Chapter Name|
|1||Food: Where Does It Come From|
|2||Components of Food|
|3||Fibre to Fabric|
|4||Sorting Materials into Groups|
|5||Separation of Substances|
|6||Changes around Us|
|7||Getting to Know Plants|
|9||The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings|
|10||Motion and Measurement of Distances|
|11||Light, Shadows and Reflections|
|12||Electricity and Circuits|
|13||Fun with Magnets|
|15||Air Around Us|
|16||Garbage In, Garbage Out|
Class 6 Science Useful Resources
Below we have mentioned the CBSE Class 6 Science Useful Resources. Students can check these links to know more about the study material.
|Science Study Material||Link Here||Science Study Material||Link Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Sample Papers||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Previous Year Papers||Click Here|
|Worksheets||Click Here||Exemplar Book||Click Here|
|NCERT Solutions||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Do I Study With the Class 6th Science Syllabus?
The Class 6 Science Syllabus can plot an ideal study plan, so the students are always ready for their final exams and score good marks to remain ahead within the class. The students are advised to travel through the syllabus before beginning with their studies, so they plan the topics that are coming within the exams. They’ll also categorize the identical into easy, moderate, and difficult as per their mentality.
What is the syllabus of Class 6 Science?
The CBSE Syllabus For Class 6 Science is based on one book.
How do you teach Science to 6th Class students?
Promote listening skills by telling your Class 6th students and asking them questions about the characters and the plot. Telling the story, rather than reading it, gives you the opportunity of observing your Class 6 students and see how much of the tale they are grasping. Teach sight words.
What are the books for Grade 1?
According to the Class 6 Syllabus, the NCERT Books for class 6 are – Science.
Where will we get the free class 6 study material?
We are Edufever are Free and Open portal for all students to study with study material; we provide the free study material for all classes like syllabus, ebooks, worksheets, videos, sample papers, practice papers, NCERT Books etc.