Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 9 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 9 SST Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2022-23, and this syllabus is absolutely free of cost.
The demand for Class 9 Social Science at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Social Science as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Social Science. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 9th Social Science
3. CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23
4. Class 9th Social Science Syllabus 2022-23
5. Class 9th Social Science Useful Resources
CBSE Class 9th Social Science Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 9th Social Science Syllabus, let us check the CBSE Class 9th Summary, below we have mentioned the complete CBSE Class 9th Summary. Students are advised to check out the complete summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 9 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 9th Social Science
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23
Understanding foundational class, students in class 9 are introduced to the basic knowledge of Social Science. They are introduced to India and the Contemporary World, Constitutional Design, Electoral Politics, etc. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 with topics to be covered.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus
In-depth knowledge of Class 9 Social Science syllabus to get a decent idea regarding the exam pattern and marking scheme. By going through the CBSE Class, 9 Syllabus students will understand the unit names, chapters under each unit and sub-topics involved in it. Let us now check the Syllabus with topics to be covered with exam patterns.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science New Syllabus
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 9 SST New Syllabus. Students can check the Social Science New Syllabus for Class 9 for the academic year 2022-23.
Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 9 SST Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2022-23 sessions. First, of all check the CBSE Class 9 Social Science Exam Pattern. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Class 9 Social Science Exam Pattern
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 9 SST Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 9 Social Science Exam Pattern for the academic year 2022-23.
|No.||Units||Marks||No. of Periods|
|I||India and the Contemporary World – I||20||60|
|II||Contemporary India – I||20||55|
|III||Democratic Politics – I||20||50|
Class 9 Social Science Brief Review
Below we have mentioned the Class 9 SST Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. Students are advised to check the brief review of SST syllabus.
|Unit 1: India and the Contemporary World – I||Unit 2: Contemporary India – I|
|The French Revolutions|
Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution Nazism and the Rise of Hitler
Forest Society and Colonialism Pastoralists in the Modern World
Physical Features of India
Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
|Unit 3: Democratic Politics – I||Unit 4: Economics|
|What is Democracy? Why Democracy?|
Working of Institutions
|The Story of Village Palampur|
People as Resource
Poverty as a Challenge
Food Security in India
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus in Pdf 2022-23
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 9 SST Syllabus in pdf format with an exam pattern. Students can check the SST Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2022-23.
CBSE Class 9 SST Syllabus
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Social Science Syllabus with an exam pattern. Students can check the SST Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2022-23.
|Class 9 SST Syllabus||Download Here|
Class 9th Social Science Useful Resources
We have tried to bring CBSE Class 9th Social Science NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers etc. You can visit all these important topics by clicking the links given.
|Social Science Syllabus||Click Here||Economics Sample Paper||Click Here|
|History NCERT Solution||Click Here||Economics Books||Click Here|
|History Sample paper||Click Here||Political Science NCERT Solution||Click Here|
|History Books||Click Here||Political Science Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Geography NCERT Solution||Click Here||Political Science Books||Click Here|
|Geography Sample Paper||Click Here||Social Science Worksheet||Click Here|
|Geography Books||Click Here||Social Science Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|Economics NCERT Solution||Click Here||Economics Syllabus||Click Here|