Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 11 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 11 English Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2022-23. This English Elective syllabus is free.
The demand for Class 11 English Elective at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of English Elective as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for English Elective. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 11th English Elective
3. CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus 2022-23
4. Class 11 English Elective Syllabus 2022-23
5. English Elective Marks Distribution
6. CBSE 11 Study Materials
Class 11 English Elective Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 11 English Elective NCERT Syllabus let us check the CBSE Class 11 Summary; Below we have mentioned the complete CBSE Class 11 Summary. The student is advised to check out to complete the summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 1 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Click Here|
Objectives of Class 11th English Elective
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus 2022-23
Understanding foundational class, students in class 11 are introduced to the basic knowledge of English Elective. They are introduced to Reading Comprehension, Writing Skills and Grammar, etc. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus 2022-23 with topics to be covered.
CBSE Class 11 English Elective Syllabus 2022-23
Understanding the basics of English, Grammar, the story and great author knowledge is the major area of concern for the Class 11 English Subject. Basically, the Class 11 English Syllabus are covered with two-course like English-Elective and English-Core that’s why we are mentioned in this post-English Elective Syllabus in PDF format for students preference. Let us now check the English Elective Syllabus and Exam Pattern with topics to be covered with the exam pattern
CBSE Class 11 English Elective New Syllabus
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 11 English Elective New Syllabus. Students can check the English Elective New Syllabus for Class 11 for the academic year 2022-23.
English Elective Marks Distribution
|Section||Competencies||Total Marks||% Weightage|
|Reading Comprehension||Conceptual understanding, decoding, Analyzing, inferring, interpreting, appreciating, literary, conventions and vocabulary, summarizing and using the appropriate formats||20||25%|
|Writing Skill and Grammar||Reasoning, appropriacy of style and tone, using and tone, using appropriate format and fluency, inference, analysis, evaluation, and creativity||20||25%|
|Literature Textbook||Recalling, reasoning, appreciating literary convention, inference, analysis, creativity with fluency||20||25%|
|Fiction||Recalling, reasoning, appreciating literary conventions, illustrating with relevant quotations from the texts, giving opinions, and justifying with fluency||10||12.50%|
|Seminar||Seeking information and clarifying, illustrating with relevant quotations from the texts, reasoning, diction, articulation clarity of pronunciation, using appropriate language conventions Addressing participants using appropriate titles or nomenclatures and overall fluency||20||–|
Class 11 English Elective Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 11 English Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2022-23 sessions. First, of all check the CBSE Class 11 English Syllabus in PDF format with exam pattern. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus.
Class 11 English Elective Exam Pattern
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 11 English Elective Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 11 English Elective Exam Pattern for the academic year 2022-23.
|2||Creative Writing Skills||20|
Class 11 English Elective Syllabus Brief Review
Below we have mentioned the Class 11 English Elective Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. students are advised to check the brief review of the English syllabus.
An unseen passage and a poem: –
- 12 Objective Type Questions including Multiple Choice Questions from a literary
or discursive passage of about 950-1000 words.
- 04 Short Answer Questions to test interpretation and appreciation and to be
answered in 50-60 words.
Creative Writing Skills and Applied Grammar
- Two Long Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 120-150 words
- One Very Long Answer Question out of two to be answered in 150-200 words.
- Eight objective Type Questions: Transformation of Sentences.
- One Short Answer Question out of two to be answered in 50-60 words.
- Two Short Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 60-80 words.
- Two Long Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 80-100 words.
- One Short Answer Question out of two to be answered in 60-80 words.
- One Long Answer Question out of two to be answered in 120-160 words.
- Presentation – book review /a play /a short story/a novel/novella (tale, table,
parable) to be followed by a question-answer session.
- Poetry reading to be followed by interpretative tasks based on close reading and
literary analysis of the text. A critical review of a film or a play.
- Conducting a theatre workshop to be followed by a discussion.
Class 11 English Elective Syllabus in PDF 2022-23
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 11 English Syllabus in pdf format with an exam pattern. Students can check the English Elective Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2022-23.
NOTE:- If any change then Syllabus will be updated soon.
CBSE 11 Study Materials
We have tried to bring all the useful links to CBSE NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Marking Scheme, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers and Study Materials. You can visit all these important links by clicking the links/Icons given.
|Study Materials||Links Here||Study Materials||Links Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Revision Notes||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Book||Click Here||RD Sharma Solutions||Click Here|
|NCERT Solution||Click Here||Worksheet||Click Here|
|Lab Manual||Click Here||Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Previous Year Papers||Click Here||Physics Pradeep Solution||Click Here|