Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 11 for all the subject. Program of Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2020-21, and this syllabus is absolutely free of cost.
2. CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus 2021-22
3. Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus 2020-21
4. CBSE 11 Study Materials
5. Scholarships Scheme
6. Olympiad Exam
7. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
8. CBSE Useful Resources
Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 11 Fashion Studies NCERT Syllabus let us check the CBSE Class 11 Summary; Below we have mentioned complete CBSE Class 11 Summary. The student is advised to check out to complete summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Review Your School||Click Here|
|School Products||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Click Here|
CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus 2020-21
In-depth knowledge of the Class 11 Fashion Studies syllabus to get a decent idea regarding the exam pattern and marking scheme. By going through the CBSE Class 11 Syllabus students will get to understand the unit names, chapter under each unit and sub-topics involved in it. Let us now check the Syllabus with topics to be covered with exam pattern.
Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2020-21 session. First, of all check the CBSE Class 12 Fashion Studies Exam Pattern. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 11 Fashion Studies Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 11 Fashion Studies Exam Pattern for the academic year 2020-21.
|Chapter-I Overview of Fashion||30||10|
|Chapter-II Introduction to Fabrics||50||20|
|Chapter–III Design Fundamentals||80||20|
|Chapter–IV Elements of Garment Making||80||20|
Below we have mentioned the Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. students are advised to check the brief review of Fashion Studies syllabus.
Objectives of the Course
- To introduce students to fashion studies & provide an overview of fashion.
- Know about consumer segmentation.
- To familiarize students with essential Fashion terminology and fashion theories.
- To clarify the roles and responsibilities of fashion professionals.
After completion, of course, students are suggested to know the following
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the fundamental aspects of fashion.
- Describe the process of fashion diffusion across consumer segments.
- Describe appropriate terminology & theories related to fashion.
- Demonstrate the fundamental knowledge related to the fashion industry.
- Overview of fashion- Introduction, and definition
- Factors influencing fashion.
- Key Concepts and Terminology – trends, collection, styles, art and craft, Avantgarde and mass fashion, knock-offs limited fashion and co-branded labels, classics, fads.
- Movement and Direction of style – Fashion forecasting, Pendulum swing, Fashion cycles.
- Theories of fashion movement – trickle-down, trickle-across.
- Consumer segmentation.
- International trade in Fashion.
- The role of fashion professionals in Design, Technology, Merchandising.
- Regulatory bodies for fashion and textiles in India.
Chapter II: Introduction to Fibres, Dyeing, Printing
Objectives of the course
- To introduce students to the world of fibres.
- To introduce students to yarn formation and weaving
- Introduce the students to the process of the dyeing & printing
- Identify different human-made and natural fibres.
- Understand the conversion of fibre to fabric.
- Appreciate the process of dyeing and printing of textiles.
- Fibre, classification of fibres and properties of fibres.
- Yarn formation.
- Weaving and basic weaves.
- Dyeing of textiles.
- Printing of Textiles.
Chapter–III: Design Fundamentals
Objectives of the course
- Introduce the students to the meaning of design.
- To develop an understanding of the Elements of Design and Principles of Design.
- Develop skills of the visualization& communication using design fundamentals.
- To develop and initialize a design vocabulary, an essential tool for practising designers.
- Understand & apply the Elements of Design.
- Understand and apply the principles of design
- Use basic design language.
- Translate an abstract, the sensorial ideas into visual language.
- A meaning of design.
- Basic Elements of Design – dot, line, shape& texture.
- Colour Theory – Hue, Tint, Shade, Tone, Colour Schemes.
- The language and psychology of colour.
- Basic principles of Design– rhythm, balance, Contrast, Emphasis.
Chapter IV: Elements of Garment Making
Objectives of the course
- Introduce the students to the skills of garment making.
- To make them familiar with a sewing machine & its various parts.
- Make them familiar with the use of other sewing aids.
- To teach them basic hand and machine stitches and their applications.
- To teach them various simple sewing machine operations.
- Work with proficiency on the sewing machine.
- Rectify simple problems of the machine faced while stitching.
- Stitch different kinds of seams using the sewing machine.
- Gathers, pleats, and trucks on the fabric.
- Finish garment edges with hand stitches.
- Introduction to the sewing machine, its various parts, and functions along with other sewing aids.
- Common sewing machine problems and their solutions.
- Develop proficiency in straight and curved seams.
- Basic hand stitches – basting, hemming, backstitch, running stitch etc. with their end-use.
- Basic machine seams used for stitching or finishing various parts of the garments like the plain seam, french seam, flat fell etc.
- Fabric manipulation like gathers, pleats, and tucks
CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Practical Syllabus
Chapter-I: Overview of Fashion
- Relating Fashion Cycle theories to contemporary fashion.
- Explaining the Pendulum swing method for fashion forecasting.
- Referencing the Historical costumes as an inspiration for Indian apparel Design.
- Use of print media as the source of information for fashion trends.
Chapter-II: Introduction to the Fibers, Dyeing, and Printing
- Identification and distinguishing between the different fibres through the burning test.
- The Identification of basic weaves in fabrics.
- Identification of different printing techniques on fabric.
- Applications and end-use of different textile structures.
Chapter III: Design Fundamentals
- Analysis of the relationship between form/shape and function/use and to develop sensitivity towards colour, shape, and texture.
- Analysis of varied Textures in nature and human-made environment.
- Use of Balance / Symmetry, Emphasis, and Contrast in designing products and spaces.
- Conversion of verbal language into design development.
Chapter IV: Elements of Garment Making
- Develop familiarity with the machine.
- Prepare samples of seams.
- Prepare samples of seam finishes.
- To prepare samples of gathers, pleats, and tucks.
NOTE:- If any change then Syllabus will be updated soon.
CBSE 11 Study Materials
We have tried to bring all the useful links CBSE NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Marking Scheme, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers and Study Materials. You can visit all these important links by clicking links/Icons given.
Useful School Products
|COVID-19 Kit||Click Here|
The scholarships recognize merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. School/College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- School/College Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the School/college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
NOTE:- Check the various Top scholarship scheme in India
Olympiad Exam 2020-21
Here in this session, we provide the Olympiad Exam 2020-21. You can see the Olympiad Exam.
|Olympiad||Link Here||Olympiad||Link Here|
|Class 1||Click Here||Class 7||Click Here|
|Class 2||Click Here||Class 8||Click Here|
|Class 3||Click Here||Class 9||Click Here|
|Class 4||Click Here||Class 10||Click Here|
|Class 5||Click Here||Class 11||Click Here|
|Class 6||Click Here||Class 12||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A. The CBSE Board offers many choices, but the most commonly-opted for optional subjects with science are:
(i) Medical – Psychology, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Economics, Home Science, Fine Arts, Physical Education.
(ii) Non-Medical – Computer Science, Economics, Physical Education, Engineering Drawing, Fine Arts, Psychology.
A. Absolutely not, Class 11 Computer Science is definitely easier than its counterparts like Maths, Physics and Chemistry
A. It totally depends upon your interest and educational background. If you want a quick answer, take PCB if you want to study medicine after 12. Take PCM if you want to pursue engineering after 12. Take both (PCMB) if you are not sure what you want to study. If you like to do courses in basic sciences, then you can choose your preferred subjects accordingly.
A. It depends on your aptitude and what you like.
They are very different subjects are well, so it isn’t really a good idea to compare the two. It’s actually better not to compare to subjects, as they are different (which why they are differentiated as subjects in the first place). A better comparison would usually be topics within the subject itself. But if you were to compare subjects, a better comparison would be between subjects like Biology and Biotechnology, Zoology and Botany, or Math and Physics.
A. EP stands for EP(Entrepreneurship).
CBSE Useful Resources
|Class LKG Study Material||Click Here|
|Class UKG Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 1 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 2 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 3 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 4 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 5 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 6 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 7 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 8 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 9 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 10 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 11 Study Material||Click Here|
|Class 12 Study Material||Click Here|
Best Parenting Tips:
>Listen to your children’s feelings and thoughts.
>Focus on what’s good about your children.
>Know what your children can do based on their age and abilities.
>Behave how you want your children to behave.
Disclaimer: Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
Do you have any CBSE-related Query? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers