Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 11 for all the subjects. Program of Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2023-24, and this syllabus is absolutely free of cost.
The demand for Class 11 Fashion Studies at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Fashion Studies as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Fashion Studies. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 11th Fashion Studies
3. CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus 2022-23
4. Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus 2022-23
5. CBSE 11 Study Materials
Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 11 Fashion Studies NCERT Syllabus let us check the CBSE Class 11 Summary; Below we have mentioned the complete CBSE Class 11 Summary. The student is advised to check out to complete summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 11 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Click Here|
Objectives of Class 11th Fashion Studies
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus 2023-24
In-depth knowledge of the Class 11 Fashion Studies syllabus to get a decent idea regarding the exam pattern and marking scheme. By going through the CBSE Class 11 Syllabus students will get to understand the unit names, chapter under each unit and sub-topics involved in it. Let us now check the Syllabus with topics to be covered with exam patterns.
strong>Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2023-24 sessions. First, of all check the CBSE Class 12 Fashion Studies Exam Pattern. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 11 Fashion Studies Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 11 Fashion Studies Exam Pattern for the academic year 2023-24.
|Chapter-I Overview of Fashion||30||10|
|Chapter-II Introduction to Fabrics||50||20|
|Chapter–III Design Fundamentals||80||20|
|Chapter–IV Elements of Garment Making||80||20|
Below we have mentioned the Class 11 Fashion Studies Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. students are advised to check the brief review of the Fashion Studies syllabus.
Objectives of the Course
- To introduce students to fashion studies & provide an overview of fashion.
- Know about consumer segmentation.
- To familiarize students with essential Fashion terminology and fashion theories.
- To clarify the roles and responsibilities of fashion professionals.
After completion, of course, students are suggested to know the following
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the fundamental aspects of fashion.
- Describe the process of fashion diffusion across consumer segments.
- Describe appropriate terminology & theories related to fashion.
- Demonstrate the fundamental knowledge related to the fashion industry.
- Overview of fashion- Introduction, and definition
- Factors influencing fashion.
- Key Concepts and Terminology – trends, collection, styles, art and craft, Avantgarde and mass fashion, knock-offs limited fashion and co-branded labels, classics, fads.
- Movement and Direction of style – Fashion forecasting, Pendulum swing, Fashion cycles.
- Theories of fashion movement – trickle-down, trickle-across.
- Consumer segmentation.
- International trade in Fashion.
- The role of fashion professionals in Design, Technology, Merchandising.
- Regulatory bodies for fashion and textiles in India.
Chapter II: Introduction to Fibres, Dyeing, Printing
Objectives of the course
- To introduce students to the world of fibres.
- To introduce students to yarn formation and weaving
- Introduce the students to the process of the dyeing & printing
- Identify different human-made and natural fibres.
- Understand the conversion of fibre to fabric.
- Appreciate the process of dyeing and printing of textiles.
- Fibre, classification of fibres and properties of fibres.
- Yarn formation.
- Weaving and basic weaves.
- Dyeing of textiles.
- Printing of Textiles.
Chapter–III: Design Fundamentals
Objectives of the course
- Introduce the students to the meaning of design.
- To develop an understanding of the Elements of Design and Principles of Design.
- Develop skills of the visualization& communication using design fundamentals.
- To develop and initialize a design vocabulary, an essential tool for practising designers.
- Understand & apply the Elements of Design.
- Understand and apply the principles of design
- Use basic design language.
- Translate an abstract, the sensorial ideas into visual language.
- A meaning of design.
- Basic Elements of Design – dot, line, shape& texture.
- Colour Theory – Hue, Tint, Shade, Tone, Colour Schemes.
- The language and psychology of colour.
- Basic principles of Design– rhythm, balance, Contrast, Emphasis.
Chapter IV: Elements of Garment Making
Objectives of the course
- Introduce the students to the skills of garment making.
- To make them familiar with a sewing machine & its various parts.
- Make them familiar with the use of other sewing aids.
- To teach them basic hand and machine stitches and their applications.
- To teach them various simple sewing machine operations.
- Work with proficiency on the sewing machine.
- Rectify simple problems of the machine faced while stitching.
- Stitch different kinds of seams using the sewing machine.
- Gathers, pleats, and trucks on the fabric.
- Finish garment edges with hand stitches.
- Introduction to the sewing machine, its various parts, and functions along with other sewing aids.
- Common sewing machine problems and their solutions.
- Develop proficiency in straight and curved seams.
- Basic hand stitches – basting, hemming, backstitch, running stitch etc. with their end-use.
- Basic machine seams used for stitching or finishing various parts of the garments like the plain seam, french seam, flat fell etc.
- Fabric manipulation like gathers, pleats, and tucks
CBSE Class 11 Fashion Studies Practical Syllabus
Chapter-I: Overview of Fashion
- Relating Fashion Cycle theories to contemporary fashion.
- Explaining the Pendulum swing method for fashion forecasting.
- Referencing the Historical costumes as an inspiration for Indian apparel Design.
- Use of print media as the source of information for fashion trends.
Chapter-II: Introduction to the Fibers, Dyeing, and Printing
- Identification and distinguishing between the different fibres through the burning test.
- The Identification of basic weaves in fabrics.
- Identification of different printing techniques on fabric.
- Applications and end-use of different textile structures.
Chapter III: Design Fundamentals
- Analysis of the relationship between form/shape and function/use and to develop sensitivity towards colour, shape, and texture.
- Analysis of varied Textures in nature and human-made environment.
- Use of Balance / Symmetry, Emphasis, and Contrast in designing products and spaces.
- Conversion of verbal language into design development.
Chapter IV: Elements of Garment Making
- Develop familiarity with the machine.
- Prepare samples of seams.
- Prepare samples of seam finishes.
- To prepare samples of gathers, pleats, and tucks.
NOTE:- If any change then Syllabus will be updated soon.
CBSE 11 Study Materials
We have tried to bring all the useful links to CBSE NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Marking Scheme, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers and Study Materials. You can visit all these important links by clicking the links/Icons given.
|Study Materials||Links Here||Study Materials||Links Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Revision Notes||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Book||Click Here||RD Sharma Solutions||Click Here|
|NCERT Solution||Click Here||Worksheet||Click Here|
|Lab Manual||Click Here||Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Previous Year Papers||Click Here||Physics Pradeep Solution||Click Here|
is fashion studies hard in class 11th and 12th ?
No, it depends on your interest towards fashion designing.