Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 12 for all the subject. Program of Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus, as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for students’ benefit. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2023-24, and this syllabus is absolutely free of cost.
The demand for Class 12 Computer Science at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Computer Science as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Computer Science. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 12th Computer Science
3. CBSE Class 12 Computer Science New Syllabus
4. Class 12 Syllabus
5. Class 12 Computer Science Useful Resources
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 12 Syllabus, let us check the CBSE Class 12 Summary, below we have mentioned complete CBSE Class 12 Summary. Students are advised to check out the complete summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 12 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 12th Computer Science
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science New Syllabus 2023-24
In-depth knowledge of the Class 12 Computer Science syllabus to get a decent idea regarding the exam pattern and marking scheme. By going through the CBSE Class 12 Syllabus students will get to understand the unit names, chapter under each unit and sub-topics involved in it. Let us now check the Syllabus with topics to be covered with exam pattern.
Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2023-24
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 Computer Science New Syllabus. Students can check the Computer New Syllabus for Class 12 for the academic year 2023-24.
Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2023-24 session. First, of all check the CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Exam Pattern. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Exam Pattern 2023-24
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 Computer Science Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 12 Computer Science Exam Pattern for the academic year 2023-24.
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Marks|
|1.||Computational Thinking and Programming – 2||40|
Below we have mentioned the Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. students are advised to check the brief review of Computer Science syllabus.
|Unit 1: Programming and Computational Thinking (PCT-2)||Unit 2: Computer Networks (CN)|
|Revision of the basics of Python|
Using Python libraries
Idea of efficiency
Data visualization using Pyplot
|Structure of a network|
Network devices such as a NIC, switch, hub, router, and access point.
Basic network tools
|Unit 3: Data Management (DM-2)||Unit 4: Society, Law and Ethics (SLE-2)|
|Write a minimal Django based web application that parses a GET and POST request, and|
writes the fields to a file – flat-file and CSV file.
Interface Python with an SQL database
SQL commands: aggregation functions – having, group by, order by.
|Intellectual property rights, plagiarism, digital rights management, and licensing (Creative|
Commons, GPL and Apache), open-source, open data, privacy.
Privacy laws, fraud
Technology and society
Identity theft, unique ids, and biometrics.
Gender and disability issues while teaching and using computers.
Below we have mentioned the Class 12 Computer Science Practical Syllabus like which topics to be covered in the practical. students are advised to check the brief review of Computer Science syllabus Practicals.
|Lab Test (10 marks)|
|Python program (60% logic + 20% documentation + 20% code quality)||7|
|Small Python program that sends a SQL query to a database and displays the result. A stub program can be provided.||3|
|Report File + viva (9 marks)|
|Report file: Minimum 21 Python programs. Out of this at least 4 programs should send SQL commands to a database and retrieve the result; at least 1 program should implement the webserver to write user data to a CSV file.||7|
|Viva-voce based on the report file||2|
|Project + viva (11 marks)|
|Project (that uses most of the concepts that have been learnt)||8|
|Project viva voce||3|
Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus in PDF 2023-24
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus in pdf format with an exam pattern. Students can check the Computer Science Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2023-24.
Programming in Python:
- Recursively find the factorial of a natural number.
- Read a file line by line and print it.
- Remove all the lines that contain the character `a’ in a file and write it to another file.
- Write a Python function sin(x, n) to calculate the value of sin(x) using its Taylor series expansion up to n terms.
- Compare the values of sin(x) for different values of n with the correct value
- Write a random number generator that generates random numbers between 1 and 6 (simulates a dice).
- Write a recursive code to find the sum of all elements of a list.
- Write a recursive code to compute the nth Fibonacci number.
- Write a Python program to implement a stack and queue using a list data-structure.
- Write a recursive Python program to test if a string is a palindrome or not.
- Write a Python program to plot the function y = x2 using the pyplot or matplotlib libraries.
- Create a graphical application that accepts user inputs, performs some operation on them, and then writes the output on the screen. For example, write a small calculator. Use the tkinter library.
- Open a webpage using the urllib library.
- Compute EMIs for a loan using the numpy or scipy libraries.
- Take a sample of 10 phishing e-mails and find the most common words.
Data Management: SQL and web-server
- Find the min, max, sum, and average of the marks in a student marks table.
- Find the total number of customers from each country in the table (customer ID, customer name, country) using group by.
- Write a SQL query to order the (student ID, marks) table in descending order of the marks.
- Integrate SQL with Python by importing the MySQL module
- Write a Django based webserver to parse a user request (POST), and write it to a CSV file.
The aim of the class project is to create something that is tangible and useful. This should be done in groups of 2 to 3 students and should be started by students at least 6 months before the submission deadline. The aim here is to find a real-world problem that is worthwhile to solve. Students are encouraged to visit local businesses and ask them about the problems that they are facing.
For example, if a business is finding it hard to create invoices for filing GST claims, then students can do a project that takes the raw data (list of transactions), groups the transactions by category, accounts for the GST tax rates, and creates invoices in the appropriate format. Students can be extremely creative here. They can use a wide variety of Python libraries to create user-friendly applications such as games, software for their school, software for their disabled fellow students, and mobile applications, Of course, to do some of this projects, some additional learning is required; this should be encouraged. Students should know how to teach themselves. If three people work on a project for 6 months, at least 500 lines of code are expected.
The committee has also been made aware of the degree of plagiarism in such projects. Teachers should take a very strict look at this situation, and take very strict disciplinary action against students who are cheating on lab assignments, or projects, or using pirated software to do the same. Everything that is proposed can be achieved using absolutely free, and legitimate open-source software.
NOTE:- If any change then Syllabus will be updated soon.
Class 12 Computer Science Useful Resources
We have tried to bring CBSE Class 12 Computer Science NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers etc. You can visit all these important topics by clicking the links given.