Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 12 for all the subject. The CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus Program, as you know very well, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum. They hold the supreme authority to change it further for students’ benefit. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 12 English Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2022-23. This English Core syllabus is free.
The demand for Class 12 English Core at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of English Core as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for English Core. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 12th English Core
3. Class 12 New Syllabus 2022-23
4. Class 12 Syllabus
5. Class 12 English Core Useful Resources
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 12 Syllabus, let us check the CBSE Class 12 Summary, below we have mentioned complete CBSE Class 12 Summary. Students are advised to check out the complete summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 12 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 12th English Core
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
Class 12 English Core New Syllabus 2022-23
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 12 English Core Syllabus. The CBSE has officially published the latest CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23 on their website. First, of all check the CBSE Class 12 English Syllabus in PDF format with exam pattern. Students are advised to check out the complete syllabus.
Class 12 English Core Question Paper Pattern 2022-23
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 English Core Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 12 English Core Paper Pattern for the academic year 2022-23.
|Reading comprehension||Conceptual understanding, decoding, Analysing, inferring, interpreting, appreciating, literary, conventions and vocabulary, summarizing and using appropriate format/s||20||25%|
|Creative Writing Skills||Conceptual Understanding, application of rules, Analysis, Reasoning, appropriacy of style and tone, using appropriate format and fluency, inference, analysis, evaluation and creativity||16||20%|
|Literature Textbooks and Supplementary Reading Text||Recalling, reasoning, appreciating literary convention, inference, analysis, creativity with fluency||44||55%|
|Assessment of Listening and Speaking Skills||20||–|
Class 12 English Core Syllabus Brief Review
Below we have mentioned the Class 12 English Core Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. students are advised to check the brief review of English syllabus.
|The Last Lesson||My Mother at Sixty Six|
|Lost Spring||An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum|
|Deep Water||Keeping Quiet|
|The Rattrap||A Thing of Beauty|
|Indigo||A Roadside Stand|
|Poets and Pancakes||Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers|
Vistas & Reading, Writing Skills Syllabus
|Vistas||Reading & Writing Skills|
|The Third Level||Reading Comprehension|
|The Tiger King||One unseen passage|
Note-making and Abstraction
|Journey to the End of the Earth||Writing Skills|
|The Enemy||Advertisements and notices, designing or drafting posters, writing formal and informal invitations and replies. One question out of the two Short Answer Questions|
|Should Wizard Hit Mommy||Letters based on verbal/visual input.- One question out of the two Long Answer Questions to be answered in 120-150 words|
|On the Face of It||Two compositions based on visual and/or verbal Input may be descriptive or argumentative in nature such as an article/a debate/ a speech or a report- Two Very Long Answer Questions containing internal choice, to be answered in 150-200 words|
|Evans Tries an O-Level||—-|
|Memories of Childhood||—|
|The Cutting of My Long Hair||—|
|We too are Human Being||—-|
CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2022-23 (Deleted Portion)
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 English Core New Syllabus. Students can check the English Core New Syllabus for Class 12 for the academic year 2022-23.
Class 12 English Core Useful Resources
We have tried to bring CBSE Class 12 Core Elective NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers etc. You can visit all these important topics by clicking the links given.
|English Elective Syllabus||Click Here|
|English Elective NCERT Book||Click Here|
|English Elective Sample Paper||Click Here|
|English Elective Previous Year Paper||Click Here|