Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 12 for all the subject. Program of CBSE Class 12 English Elective Syllabus, as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for students’ benefit. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 12 English Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2023-24. This English Elective syllabus is free.
The demand for Class 12 English Elective at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of English Elective as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for English Elective. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 12th English Elective
3. CBSE Class 12 New Syllabus 2023-24
4. Class 12 Syllabus
5. Class 12 English Elective Useful Resources
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 12 Syllabus, let us check the CBSE Class 12 Summary, below we have mentioned complete CBSE Class 12 Summary. Students are advised to check out the complete summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 12 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 12th English Elective
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 12 English Elective New Syllabus 2023-24
Understanding the basics of English, Grammar, the story and great author knowledge is the major area of concern for Class 12 English Subject. Basically, Class 12 English Syllabus are covered with two-course like English-Elective and English-Core that’s why we are mentioned in this post-English Elective Syllabus in PDF formate for students preference. Let us now check the English Elective Syllabus and Exam Pattern with topics to be covered with exam pattern.
Class 12 English Elective Syllabus
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 12 English Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2023-24 session. First, of all check the CBSE Class 12 English Syllabus in PDF formate with exam pattern. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus.
Class 12 English Elective Exam Pattern 2023-24
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 English Elective Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 12 English Elective Exam Pattern for the academic year 2023-24.
|Creative Writing & Applied Grammar||30|
Class 12 English Elective Syllabus Brief Review
Below we have mentioned the Class 12 English Elective Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. students are advised to check the brief review of English syllabus.
An unseen passage and a poem:-
- 12 Objective Type Questions including Multiple Choice Questions from a literary
or discursive passage of about 950-1000 words.
- 04 Short Answer Questions to test interpretation and appreciation and to be
answered in 50-60 words each on a poem of about 24 – 28 lines
Creative Writing Skills and Applied Grammar
- Two Long Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 120-150 words
- One Very Long Answer Question out of two to be answered in 150-200 words
- Eight objective Type Questions: Transformation of Sentences
- One Short Answer Question out of two to be answered in 50-60 words
- Two Short Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 60-80 words
- Two Long Answer Questions out of three to be answered in 80-100 words
- One Short Answer Question out of two to be answered in 60-80 words
- One Long Answer Question out of two to be answered in 120-160 words
- Presentation – book review /a play /a short story/a novel/novella (tale, table,
parable) to be followed by a question-answer session.
- Poetry reading to be followed by interpretative tasks based on close reading and
- literary analysis of the text. A critical review of a film or a play.
Conducting a theatre workshop to be followed by a discussion
Class 12 English Elective Syllabus in PDF
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 12 English Syllabus in pdf format with an exam pattern. Students can check the English Elective Syllabus in pdf for the academic year 2023-24.
NOTE:- If any change then Syllabus will be updated soon.
Class 12 English Elective Useful Resources
We have tried to bring CBSE Class 12 English Elective NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers etc. You can visit all these important topics by clicking the links given.
|English Elective Syllabus||Click Here|
|English Elective NCERT Book||Click Here|
|English Elective Sample Paper||Click Here|