Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 8 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 8 Maths Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 8 Mathematics Syllabus for the academic year 2023-24.
The demand for Class 8 Maths at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Maths as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Maths. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 8th Maths
3. CBSE Class 8 Maths Study Material
4. CBSE Class 8 Maths Syllabus
5. CBSE Class 8 Study Material
CBSE Class 8 Maths Syllabus 2023-24 Overview
Before discussing the CBSE Class 8 Maths Syllabus, let’s check the short summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 8 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 8th Maths
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 8 Maths Study Material 2023-24
Check out the latest Class 8 Maths Study Material. The English study materials are for the academic year 2023-24 session. students/parents/teachers are advised to check the complete Maths Study Material for Class 8 like the latest Syllabus, NCERT Solutions, Previous Year Question Papers, Sample Papers, Important Books, Worksheets, Holiday Homework etc.
|Study Materials||Link Here||Study Materials||Link Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Ncert Solution||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Worksheet||Click Here||Previous Year Papers||Click Here|
|Exemplar Book||Click Here||RS Aggarwal Solutions||Click Here|
|RD Sharma Solutions||Click Here|
CBSE Class 8 Maths Syllabus 2024-23
Understanding the Maths, Mathematical questions and other mathematical operations which is a concern for the Class 8 Mathematics Syllabus. Let us now discuss the CBSE Class 8 Maths Syllabus with topics to be covered in Mathematics Syllabus.
|Chapter Name||Topic to be Covered|
|Rational Numbers||1.1 Introduction|
1.2 Properties of Rational Numbers
1.3 Representation of Rational Numbers on the Number Line
1.4 Rational Number between Two Rational Numbers
|Linear Equations in One Variable||2.1 Introduction|
2.2 Solving Equations which have Linear Expressions on one Side and Numbers on the Other Side
2.3 Some Applications
2.4 Solving Equations having the Variable on both sides
2.5 Some More Applications
2.6 Reducing Equations to Simpler Form
2.7 Equations Reducible to the Linear Form
|Understanding Quadrilaterals||3.1 Introduction|
3.3 Some of the Measures of the Exterior Angles of a Polygon
3.4 Kinds of Quadrilaterals
3.5 Some Special Parallelograms
|Practical Geometry||4.1 Introduction|
4.2 Constructing a Quadrilateral
4.3 Some Special Cases
|Data Handling||5.1 Looking for Information|
5.2 Organising Data
5.3 Grouping Data
5.4 Circle Graph or Pie Chart
5.5 Chance and Probability
|Squares and Square Roots||6.1 Introduction|
6.2 Properties of Square Numbers
6.3 Some More Interesting Patterns
6.4 Finding the Square of a Number
6.5 Square Roots
6.6 Square Roots of Decimals
6.7 Estimating Square Root
|Cubes and Cube Roots||7.1 Introduction|
7.3 Cubes Roots
|Comparing Quantities||8.1 Recalling Ratios and Percentages|
8.2 Finding the Increase and Decrease Percent
8.3 Finding Discounts
8.4 Prices Related to Buying and Selling (Profit and Loss)
8.5 Sales Tax/Value Added Tax/Goods and Services Tax
8.6 Compound Interest
8.7 Deducing a Formula for Compound Interest
8.8 Rate Compounded Annually or Half Yearly (Semi-Annually)
8.9 Applications of Compound Interest Formula
|Algebraic Expressions and Identities||9.1 What are Expressions?|
9.2 Terms, Factors and Coefficients
9.3 Monomials, Binomials and Polynomials
9.4 Like and Unlike Terms
9.5 Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions
9.6 Multiplication of Algebraic Expressions: Introduction
9.7 Multiplying a Monomial by a Monomial
9.8 Multiplying a Monomial by a Polynomial
9.9 Multiplying a Polynomial by a Polynomial
9.10 What is an Identity?
9.11 Standard Identities
9.12 Applying Identities
|Visualising Solid Shapes||10.1 Introduction|
10.2 View of 3D-Shapes
10.3 Mapping Space Around Us
10.4 Faces, Edges and Vertices
11.2 Let us Recall
11.3 Area of Trapezium
11.4 Area of General Quadrilateral
11.5 Area of Polygons
11.6 Solid Shapes
11.7 Surface Area of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder
11.8 Volume of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder
11.9 Volume and Capacity
|Exponents and Powers||12.1 Introduction|
12.2 Powers with Negative Exponents
12.3 Laws of Exponents
12.4 Use of Exponents to Express Small Numbers in Standard Form
|Direct and Inverse Proportions||13.1 Introduction|
13.2 Direct Proportion
13.3 Inverse Proportion
14.2 What is Factorisation?
14.3 Division of Algebraic Expressions
14.4 Division of Algebraic Expressions Continued (Polynomial / Polynomial)
14.5 Can you Find the Error?
|Introduction to Graphs||15.1 Introduction|
15.2 Linear Graphs
15.3 Some Applications
|Playing with Numbers||16.1 Introduction|
16.2 Numbers in General Form
16.3 Game with Numbers
16.4 Letters for Digits
16.5 Test of Divisibility
NOTE:- If any change then Syllabus will be updated soon.
CBSE Class 8 Study Material
We have tried to bring all the useful links to CBSE NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers and Study Materials. You can visit all these important links by clicking links/Icons given.
|Study Material||Link Here||Study Material||Link Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Worksheet||Click Here|
|Example Book||Click Here||Sample Papers||Click Here|
|Ncert Solution||Click Here||Previous Year papers||Click Here|
|Study Material||Click Here||RS Aggarwal Solutions||Click Here|
|RD Solutions Solutions||Click Here|