Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 8 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 8 Social SST Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23.
The demand for Class 8 Social Science at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Social Science as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Social Science. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 8th Social Science
3. CBSE Class 8 Social Science Study Material
4. CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus
5. CBSE Class 8 Study Material
CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 Overview
Before discussing the CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus, let’s check the short summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Class 8 Free E-Book||Click Here|
|Youtube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 8th Social Science
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
CBSE Class 8 Science Study Material 2022-23
Check out the latest Class 8 Social Science Study Material. The Social Science study materials are for the academic year 2022-23 sessions. students/parents/teachers are advised to check the complete Social Science Study Material for Class 8 like the latest Syllabus, NCERT Solutions, Previous Year Question Papers, Sample Papers, Important Books, Worksheets, Holiday Homework etc.
|Study Materials||Link Here||Study Materials||Link Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Ncert Solution||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Worksheet||Click Here||Previous Year Papers||Click Here|
CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23
Understanding society and can improve or uplift the community. CBSE syllabus of Class 8 SST subject gives all the required detailed information such as the course content, unit-wise the units that learners are going to study in that academic year.
CBSE Class 8 History (Our Past-III) Syllabus
|S.No.||Topic to be Covered|
|1||How, When and Where|
|2||From Trade to Territory The Company Establishes Power|
|3||Ruling the Countryside|
|4||Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age|
|5||When People Rebel 1857 and After|
|6||Weavers, Iron Smelters and Factory Owners|
|7||Civilising the “Native”, Educating the Nation|
|8||Women, Caste and Reform|
|9||The Making of the National Movement: 1870s–1947|
|10||India After Independence|
CBSE Class 8 Geography (Resources and Development) Syllabus
|S.No.||Topic to be Covered|
|2||Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife|
|4||Mineral and Power Resources|
CBSE Class 8 Civics (Social and Political Life-III) Syllabus
|S.No.||Unit Name||Topic/Chapter to be Covered|
|1||Unit One: The Indian Constitution and Secularism||Chapter 1: The Indian Constitution|
Chapter 2: Understanding Secularism
|2||Unit Two: Parliament and The Making of Laws||Chapter 3: Why do we need a Parliament?|
Chapter 4: Understanding Laws
|3||Unit Three: The Judiciary||Chapter 5: Judiciary|
Chapter 6: Understanding Our Criminal Justice System
|4||Unit Four: Social Justice and The Marginalised||Chapter 7: Understanding Marginalisation|
Chapter 8: Confronting Marginalisation
|5||Unit Five: Economic Presence of the Government||Chapter 9: Public Facilities|
Chapter 10: Law and Social Justice
CBSE Class 8 Study Material
We have tried to bring all the useful links to CBSE NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers and Study Materials. You can visit all these important links by clicking the links/Icons given.
|Study Material||Link Here||Study Material||Link Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Holiday Homework||Click Here|
|Books||Click Here||Worksheet||Click Here|
|Example Book||Click Here||Sample Papers||Click Here|
|Ncert Solution||Click Here||Previous Year papers||Click Here|
|Study Material||Click Here||RS Aggarwal Solutions||Click Here|
|RD Solutions Solutions||Click Here|