Hi Student, The CBSE prepares the syllabus for the academic year of class 9 for all the subjects. Program of CBSE Class 9 Civics Syllabus as you know very well that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has its curriculum, and they hold the supreme authority to change it further for the benefit of students. In this article, you can get the latest CBSE Class 9 Civics Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF for the academic year 2022-23 and this syllabus is absolutely free of cost.
The demand for Class 9 Civics at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of Civics as a subject across the states/ UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspirations and need for Civics. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency, including basic literacy skills of reading and writing.
2. Objectives of Class 9th Civics
3. Class 9th Civics Syllabus 2020-21
4. Class 9th Social Science Useful Resources
CBSE Class 9th Civics Syllabus Overview
Before we discussed the Class 9th Civics Syllabus, let us check the CBSE Class 9th Summary, below we have mentioned the complete CBSE Class 9th Summary. Students are advised to check out the complete summary.
|Board||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Study Materials||Click Here|
|Review Your Schools||Click Here|
|School Products||Click Here|
|YouTube Channel||Subscribe now|
Objectives of Class 9th Civics
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- To build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations (teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.)
- To provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-and-written inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single-word questions/answers).
- To help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances, formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- To recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- To use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral communication.
- To become visually familiar with the text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components- letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- To associate meaning with written/printed language.
- At the end of this stage, learners should be able to Talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- Follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- Enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in English
- Recognise whole words or chunks of language
- Recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- Read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- Write simple words/phrases/short sentences.
Class 9 Civics Syllabus 2022-23
Check out the latest CBSE NCERT Class 9 SST Syllabus. The syllabus is for the academic year 2022-23 sessions. First, of all check the CBSE Class 9 Social Science Exam Pattern. students are advised to check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern with the marking scheme.
Class 9 Civics Exam Pattern
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the Class 9 Civics Exam Pattern. Students can check the Class 9 Civics Exam Pattern for the academic year 2022-23.
|No.||Units||Marks||No. of Periods|
|I||India and the Contemporary World – I||20||60|
|II||Contemporary India – I||20||55|
|III||Democratic Politics – I||20||50|
Class 9 Civics Brief Review
Below we have mentioned the Class 9 Civics Syllabus Brief Review like which topics/chapters to be covered in the syllabus. students are advised to check the brief review of the SST syllabus.
|Unit 3: Democratic Politics – I|
|I. What is Democracy? Why Democracy?||II. Constitutional Design|
|What is Democracy?
Features of Democracy
Broader Meaning of Democracy
|Democratic Constitution in South Africa
Why do we need a Constitution?
Making of the Indian Constitution
Guiding Values of the Indian
|III. Electoral Politics:||IV. Working of Institutions|
What is our System of Elections?
What makes elections in India
|How is the major policy decision taken?
|V. Democratic Rights:|
|Life without rights
Rights in a Democracy
Rights in the Indian Constitution
Expanding the scope of rights
CBSE Class 9 Civics Syllabus in PDF
Here in this Section, we have mentioned the CBSE Class 9 Civics Syllabus in PDF format. Students Can Check the Class 9 Civics Syllabus for the academic year 2022-23.
Class 9th Social Science Useful Resources
We have tried to bring CBSE Class 9th Social Science NCERT Study Materials like Syllabus, Worksheet, Sample Paper, NCERT Solutions, Important Books, Holiday Homework, Previous Year Question Papers etc. You can visit all these important topics by clicking the links given.
|Social Science Syllabus||Click Here||Economics Sample Paper||Click Here|
|History NCERT Solution||Click Here||Economics Books||Click Here|
|History Sample paper||Click Here||Political Science NCERT Solution||Click Here|
|History Books||Click Here||Political Science Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Geography NCERT Solution||Click Here||Political Science Books||Click Here|
|Geography Sample Paper||Click Here||Social Science Worksheet||Click Here|
|Geography Books||Click Here||Social Science Previous Year Paper||Click Here|
|Economics NCERT Solution||Click Here||Economics Syllabus||Click Here|